Experience the most intuitive finish grading tractor in the industry. The Cat® D3K2 Track-Type Tractor with Stable Blade delivers a smooth finish grade with less operator effort. Stable Blade senses ground conditions and works with the operator to produce the desired grade. The addition of the integrated AccuGrade™ grade control system helps you get to target grade even faster, with fewer passes and less manpower. From the first cut to finish grade, the D3K2 sets the standard.
Everyone can get comfortable in this cab.
Seat-Mounted Joystick Controls
Ergonomically designed, seat-mounted controls isolate vibrations from the operator for optimum comfort and precise control.
- New contoured armrest cushion
- Bi-directional transmission shifting
- Easy to grip handles
- New heated control handles (optional)
Stable Blade Control
New Stable Blade control makes operating the machine easy for both new and experienced operators.
- Stable Blade complements operator input for smooth finish grading results
- Handle fits to hand to allow for more precise control and reduce operator fatigue
- Thumb roller for low effort blade angle control
- Blade shake feature for easy removal of material
All Day Comfort
The spacious, comfortable cab helps keep you relaxed and productive throughout the day.
- Quiet environment – 78 dB(A) – ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT98
- Wide door openings for easy entry/exit
- Dash mounted air vents for improved air circulation
- Air suspension seat for a more comfortable ride
- Air conditioning for greater comfort in all climates
- New ventilated seat (optional)
- Heated seat and heated control handles (optional)
Easy to read display provides vital system information. Easy to read gauges keep you informed of system conditions. Larger AccuGrade™ CB460 GPS display is available as an option and is mounted in line with blade corners for easy viewing.
Large door windows provide an unobstructed view to the blade corners and cutting edge which is especially important in fine grading, curbing and working against foundations. Large side windows offer a clear view to the sides of the machine.
Responsive to changing loads.
Increase your productivity with the new Traction Control feature:
- Reduces track slippage
- Activated with a button on the transmission control
- Reduces undercarriage wear
- Improves fuel economy
Quick response to varying loads for shorter cycle times and less operator fatigue.
- Intuitive control helps you work in tight areas
- Power turn feature provides power to both tracks while working in confined areas
- Counter-rotation provides quick steering corrections during side loading applications
Increased horsepower, improved fuel economy.
Cat C4.4 Engine
The C4.4 engine responds quickly to changing loads. Eco mode throttle setting can deliver up to 25% improved fuel economy. Engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim, EU Stage IIIB and Japan MLIT Step 4 emission standards using a passive regeneration solution:
- Simple…no operator interaction required
- Long life diesel particulate filter (no service required for 8,000 hours)
Solutions to lower your costs per hour.
Choice of Undercarriage Configurations to Meet Your Application
Track frames are available in extra long (XL) or low ground pressure (LGP) configurations:
- XL undercarriage for most applications where flotation and side stability are not extreme
- LGP undercarriage for soft underfoot conditions where additional flotation is required
- 762 mm (30 in) LGP undercarriage available for extremely soft underfoot conditions
Caterpillar offers a choice of two undercarriages – Sealed and Lubricated Track (SALT) and SystemOne™. Matching the correct undercarriage to the application and soil conditions will deliver the lowest costs per hour.
- Sealed and Lubricated Track (SALT) Undercarriage – For applications where the track is not bushing limited – May require pin and bushing turn
- SystemOne™ Undercarriage
– For applications where track is bushing limited – Bushing rotates continuously – Does not require bushing turn – Designed to maximize the life of all undercarriage components
Grade with increased accuracy.
Improve Your Efficiency with AccuGrade
AccuGrade is a fast machine grade control system which enables operators to cut and fill to grade with increased accuracy, minimizing the need for traditional stakes and grade checkers. Caterpillar offers a choice of Laser, GNSS or Universal Total Station solutions:
- AccuGrade Laser – for two dimensional flat type work
- AccuGrade GNSS – for three dimensional cut to contour work
- Universal Total Station – for fine and finish grade applications
New Larger Displays
Easy to read, large displays let you focus on your work:
- CB450 Laser Display – Larger 109 mm (4.3 in) color display
- CB 460 GNSS Display
– Larger 178 mm (7 in) color display – USB data port – 3.7 gig internal disk space
Blade and Attachments
Power pitch blade for maximum productivity.
Power Pitch Blade
The power pitch blade feature lets the operator adjust the blade pitch to meet various operating conditions without ever leaving the cab.
- Pitch the blade forward for increased penetration
- Lay the blade back for maximum carrying capacity
- Change the pitch from inside the cab
- Optimize blade pitch for application
- Improves productivity
The VPAT blade is specifically designed for finish grading, backfilling ditches, cutting V ditches, windrowing, fill spreading, medium land clearing and heavy dozing. Built for rugged strength and durability this 6-way blade allows for maximum angle, tilt and pitch.
The Cat hydrostatic winch features:
- Excellent line pull at any speed
- Infinitely variable drum speed
- Lower operator effort
- Unmatched load control
The aggressive parallelogram ripper lets you do more productive ripper work. The parallel linkage design provides better penetration and maneuverability in tight working areas.
An easier way to work in the woods. The following features are available for forestry applications:
- Cat hydrostatic winch
- 360 degree guarding, for added protection of the cab
- Heavy-duty rear tank guard